All Balls

All Balls
SOFT AS A BABY'S BEHIND.....
 
 
    My daughter-in-law, Robyn blogged several weeks ago about how she made her own laundry detergent. I plan on doing that as soon as I finish the LARGE bottle I just bought. Since I was out of softner sheets, I was inspired to make my own. I found this recipe on Countrified Hicks blog -  here. This girl has got it going on. She has some amazing cost cutting, fun, inventive ideas. This is her recipe for fabric softner. 
Since it is just myself and hubby, this container should last us quiet awhile.


Homemade Fabric Softener

                                  6 cups of VERY hot water            3 c. white vinegar
                                  1 (16 oz.) bottle Suave conditioner
                              (I bought soothing lavendar lilac)
I think any brand and scent would work. It is the amount that needs to be the same.
 

Mix the conditioner and the hot water together and stir until the conditioner is completely dissolved.  Stir in the vinegar and mix well.  I put mine in a pitcher I bought at the dollar store ($ 1) and labeled it myself. The conditioner was on sale for .89cents. I already had the vinegar on hand. Total cost was less than $2.00
(I had to figure in the labor cost)
 You could use a fabric softener bottle or whatever you have lying around the house.  Just be sure to mark the bottle accordingly. I already had a DOWNEY Ball, but if you don't have one or don't want to use one, 
then just add 2 T. into your rinse cycle.


I was very pleased with the softness of the clothes and the light fragance
(can't be too bold or hubby would not like the "girly" smell)

 

1 comment:

  1. I think my Robin made the detergent, too - she got the recipe from Pinterest. I will have to ask her how that went for her and how long it lasted.

    ReplyDelete