All Balls

All Balls

KISS..keep it simple stupid....

One of my favorite TV channels is the FOOD NETWORK. As a general rule, I like to cookit's just that I hate the clean up part, so that sometimes sways me not to cook.
My mom and grandmother were GREAT cooks.
My grandfather was a chef. I never knew him, but heard many great stories.
I would have to say both my boys are pretty good cooks too (part of their "upbringing", along with doing their own laundry )
Maybe that small cooking gene from my past gives me the desire to cook....
I like to keep things simple.
Bake Sale Cookbook
One of my favorite shows is Sandra Lee's, Semi-Homemade. That women is a genius. Today, (among brownies, pizza and sugar cream filled cookies) she baked 72 mini cupcakes, in 3 different flavors, from one box of cake mix. Iced them with 2 sticks of butter, 8ozs of cream cheese and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Colored and flavored with JUICE! Who would have thought. Of course, they were adorable...and yummy no doubt. Being inspired (and easily swayed) I ordered 2 of her cookbooks...I see great cooking in my future - well with a little help from Sandra of course.
I love her 70 - 30 thinking,
70% ready-made, 30% fresh
Life should be so simple......

No comments:

Post a Comment