1. First rule - weigh-in. I typically do this on Friday morning (that way - I have allllllllll week to recover from any over indulges of the weekend) So from last week's weigh-in - down 17lbs ( I started in March)
2. Second rule - exercise. Hmmm, well if you count push mowing and walking circles in the pool...then I guess I exercised. One thing I do - when I go shopping....I walk the WHOLE perimeter of the store (usually a Wal-Mart)...try to go up and down every isle and then do my shopping. Of course, I stop and shop along the way (can find some real bargains) - but all the extra steps are a plus.
3. Splurge/Guilty Pleasure - Wine.....love wine - but they are just empty calories. I did spurlge when we ate dinner out Tuesday. Made up for with a grilled pork chop, salad and steamed broccoli.
4. Success Story - I think the fact that I added exercise, be it small...at least I was movin'.
5. Recipes - In Texas - it's hot - so anything cool and fun is a plus. These are YUMMY...hubby can't stop eating them....Skinny Cake Batter Ice Cream Sandwiches (http://www.couponingncooking.com/)
If my calculations are right, each cookie is about 130calories.
Skinny Cake Batter "Ice Cream" Sandwiches
Mix ingredients, place on a graham cracker square, freeze. I did not roll mine in sprinkles.
I placed the crackers on a cookie sheet and froze them individually first, then place in a zip lock bag for easy access. DELICIOUS.....
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Funfetti Cake Mix (I think that brand does matter in this one...)
- 2 cups plain, fat free, Greek yogurt
- 1 heaping cup of fat free/lite Cool Whip
- Low Fat Graham Crackers